Thursday, February 19, 2015

How nice that you come take a look at our book blog! A blog full of news, reviews, tips and more. W


Original title: Children of Destiny: Echoes of the Past Series: Children of Destiny # 1 Genre: Fantasy Publisher: Brave New Books Published: November 2014 Pages: 234 Goodreads Paperback: 17.49 Buy this book at Bol.com
In a broken kingdom beset by raiders and monsters, it is no longer safe outside the cities. The line of kings has ended long since, and the power of The Realm HAS faded. As a young man tries to take his little alltricks brother and sister to safety, but along the way finds That the fate of the entire world hangs in the balance, the dark powers are stirring. With the help of an Unlikely group of heroes, alltricks he must rise to the challenge and save the world.
This book, Children of Destiny: Echoes of the Past is best for me a special meaning. He is in fact written by a friend who is terminally ill. A year ago he told me that it was his dream to write a book and spend. And now he has done just that! It was awesome.
In addition, this book is also for another reason special. The book is in fact written in English (but so does a Dutch author, though he used a pseudonym) and the author has a talent for drawing, so the story is also provided drawings. Mainly street maps of places, buildings and cities. But that makes the book different than others and therefore nice to have.
Although the book is written by a well known so I'm going to be fair. Because this book was on one hand very good, but I found there are also some lesser dots sit on. So I found the writing style is not always easy everywhere. A little average I think, so I sometimes just thought: oh, but if this continues to go well (have similar sentence to read). The layout of the book is really very accustomed and confusing at some points. The book has just made something different than most other books, so you have to get used to it really briefly. What you notice is that the book is self-published, because unfortunately there are still a number of typos and language errors. But I could be around to actually reading this book. It was sometimes even irritating, but I know who wrote it and I've been through so much respect for that these errors very quickly forgotten.
What I also found was a minus the epilogue. I found that very exciting and I really wanted when read. That of course is super good. But then come those people are actually not covered in the book. Such an epilogue is good, if it then but also return. It came back, because it is an event that was cited, but without the epilogue had also been. For now I continued to crave the book for more information on the people in the epilogue and for more on that, whilst it never came. I thought that was what a shame, alltricks lol.
But as I said, there were also huge good points to this book. I already mentioned the illustrations, which make the book truly special. All the illustrations are not always very special, yet makes the book different from some other books. I also think the story really super good. It is a wonderful fantasy, and it's really exciting. There were few predictable things and I therefore really enjoyed alltricks the story! There were also those mega pins in front and I went there really, and I started at one point almost screamed when such a spider alltricks sitting on a character, haha.
Furthermore, the story also very lively because there are a lot of details and the world in which it takes place has many different aspects. Therefore keep you discover things and want to know more. It therefore remains constant, there are interesting and then every new developments. And through all these different things, all the characters of interest are also very different. You have the main characters, Jonathan and Sarah, who are ordinary people. Then a wizard and a witch elf and I do not know what else. All with clearly different characteristics and peculiarities. Very nice.
Eventually alltricks I'm going to give the book 3.5 hearts because I really lacked fluency. But I can really recommend the book, especially for fantasy fans among you! It is a very good story and really alltricks nice thought. I really think that if the writing style I was little, I was absolutely a half or a whole heart had given more. Oh, and I'm really curious to Part 2, which I hope it comes out!
How nice that you come take a look at our book blog! A blog full of news, reviews, tips and more. We are Dieuwke and Madelon and we write a lot of fun here with all reviews, alltricks tags, columns and more!
Categories Select Category General BB Behind the screens Book Reviews Book Babble Book Haul Book Talk Chicklits Column Roulette Cover Cover Twins Week of ... DIY: Do It Yourself Dystopia Event

No comments:

Post a Comment