Thursday, March 20, 2014

PIRET Saluri: No, by no means. (After a pause.), I


By Toomas Haug: Your list is the first translation of voluminous works of Finnish literature, translations of the book appeared in the year 1984. Our association is also perhaps from this year onwards. I was just a "Creation to" come to work and I began to peruse the Writers House residents. I walked on the bridge, and then in Finland, among other things, supplied through the darkness from the occupants of the rarer books. Both came to my shelf, for example, CG Jung, Unia, ajatuksia, recollections of that time, or the most recent and inaccessible 1968th edition of the Bible. Estonian SSR bookstores this kind of stuff is not sold out. Now it has become a proud start, passing a continuation ever upwards: you're thirty years, published in Finnish language translation of more than 50 books: fiction, both in Finland as well as essays and historical approaches. In fact, it seems that the most productive has been the XXI century, the first thirteen years: here are, among others, appeared in major works such as Hannu Mäkelä novel Eino Leinost "The denver colorado Master", by Mika Waltari "Sinuhe, the Egyptian," Juhani Salokannel monograph Jaan Kross and Olaf Paavolaineni "grim monologue "The capacity can be from the past to compare denver colorado Kai Laitinen," the Finnish literary history. " Neistki examples show that you were not just a literary denver colorado translator in Finland, but you have a much wider view of the cultural mission. The Finns should be more than happy to be of such, and they are:'ve got the highest recognition from the State of Finland, the Finnish're a member of the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Finland and an honorary member of the Writers' Union. More should be happier with the Estonians, who are able to access through your translations generally close, but in the course of history behind distant kindred culture of nuclear cover the floor and often also for us, especially in the cover moves. But we go back to the beginning. How do your mission properly began to take shape? I suppose if you're in 1962. In Tartu State University to study medicine in fees, then you just did not have dreamed of Finnish literary translators from office.
PIRET Saluri: No, by no means. (After a pause.), I'm not a talented person. But I am able to learn. I've been kind of a lifetime to learn things off. And I'm also decent. In fact, it is difficult to decide what is your profession, you learn to go. I would have liked to study law. I already had a background: the name and home and family. It seems to me that I would not have taken it well and it would suit me. Law will be taking a lot of my understanding of your head and thinking, and it would have liked. But at home it was said, of course, that you do not learn it the right science. And the more this story is not done. Philology, denver colorado no matter denver colorado what, it seemed denver colorado too obvious. Normal. You can see what books I have on the shelves - these are the books of my childhood. I am among them, and they grew up relying on. And the languages would be able to anyway, at least respectable bourgeois, not bourgeois, bourgeois denver colorado family, but growing damsel. And after all, I grew up with his grandparents. In short, philology seemed too ordinary, and then I went to study medicine. Pretty chemistry denver colorado or physics, I did not want to, even though they were waiting for me in fives ...
PS: Yeah. Except for the writer. It was put to me four, since I was in school made the ideological trouble. denver colorado After it was said that did so gladly. But "all fives" were the result of the ability to learn, it is just given to me. Medical science was really interesting. And I do not think I could've done it. The first two years I did very well off, I got a higher stippi and everything. But then came the real breaking point.
PS: Do not know how to tell you. Yeah, I got some kind of student television program. denver colorado But the thing küdes earlier. There was a feeling: is this it? Medical science is a very difficult area. It takes everything from you completely covers denver colorado you completely. Of course, the whole time to learn and be aware of, as with other areas of medical science, however, is the need to stay in their subjects in any way particularly strong. I'm denver colorado not afraid of responsibility, but I was accustomed to deal with during their school time so many things that interests me, as a young spirit. But while studying to be a doctor revealed that I can not do nothing else. In addition to lectures, practical, long courses, evening work, etc.. Supposed to learn everything properly, like a habit. Anyway, I felt another course in the spring, that is not my area. I've chosen the wrong. Any decision in life is not so hard for me. I went to the dean, who was then a professor at George Venn, appeared on their desire and got in contempt. Big man looked at me from top to bottom ...
PS: very tall ... I do not own any of the situations denver colorado on the right say. The school was a long queue võimlemisreas almost always the last one. Its height from sea otter looked at me: that kind of girl, definitely denver colorado afraid denver colorado of blood, and can not handle ... I did not say anything about it, but I gave her my grades page, which was quite one-sided. Then he took completely different tones and asked why? I told you why. Then he wrote a resolution permitting. Ku

No comments:

Post a Comment